Parade Line Up Location ~ Front Street by Highway Garage
Parking Locations ~ Town Hall Commuter Lot, Bike Trail Parking Lot, Various Open Commercial Parking Lots
No Street Parking
Parade Group Assemble Location ~ Town Hall Commuter Lot (NO participant drop off on Front Street after 5:30 pm)
Failure to follow rules & regulations will be grounds for removal from this parade.
- All Parade entries shall maintain a distance of no closer than 25 feet to the entry in front of them.
- No stopping will be allowed unless the parade is stopped as a unit. No entry shall be allowed to stop to allow photos, to “perform” or to drop off parade participants. All entries must keep the same pace and distance as the entry in front of them.
- Drivers of registered vehicles must be at least 18 years of age.
- All vehicles must remain in the traffic lanes of the roadway.
- Children under the age of 12 are not allowed to ride on floats unless accompanied by an adult.
- Trailers are required to have solid floors and functional tail lights. Trailers shall have sides high enough that children cannot fall over sides. Trailers must be securely attached to the towing vehicle.
- No one will be allowed to ride inside the back of a pickup truck, unless seated on the bed bottom or safely secured. At no time shall anyone be seated on the sides or tailgate of a pickup or have arms or legs hanging over the side.
- All motorized vehicles (3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, golf carts, motorcycles, mopeds, lawn mowers, dune buggies, jeeps, miniature cars, etc.) must be operated by an adult.
- Walkers must be in band formation (established rows and columns). A minimum of (1) adult per ten (10) children must accompany the unit during the entire parade route. Walkers are required to provide some form of Holiday lighting.
- Candy/trinkets can be tossed.
- Holiday music is permitted on parade entry.
NO LIVE SANTAS PLEASE ~
SANTA WILL BE MAKING HIS APPEARANCE AT THE END OF THE PARADE
Parade Assemble/Individual Drop Off: There will be no individual drop off on Front Street after 5:30 pm. We encourage participants to meet at the municipal lot by Town Hall to assemble all individuals included in parade entry then come to Front Street together for line up.
Parade Staging Area: We ask all participants to be at the staging area (Front Street) for line up with their group no later than 5:30 pm on the day of the parade.
Parade Route: The parade will start at 6:30 pm and travel down Front Street Left onto Underhill Avenue, right onto Commerce Street, follow to Yorktown Fire House, make left and continue on Commerce Street to Veterans Road. Parade will end at the Jack DeVito Memorial Field. There will be someone there to direct you as to where to park your entries.
Marchers – Directly onto the Track via entrance across from VFW
Fire Trucks – Make right onto access road behind the Fire House
All Others – Make left onto Maple Hill Street ~ park on right side of street